A roundup of the most recent posts (and, of course, some excellent things from around the internet!).
- One of the biggest questions I have about myself is why, exactly, resting is so difficult.
- I fell for a scam. That happened.
- One of the biggest lies we tell ourselves is that we have to reach our goals a specific way. Do what works for you!
- Returning to the theme of resting, a post that is for everyone but especially for those struggling with mental illness: be gentle with yourself.
- I did a brief roundup on some things I had been reading.
- Diversity in media remains a problem. Incredibly so.
- Some books are amazing and inspiring, and they still hurt us. What do we do about that?
- Aaaaand, last but not least, why you shouldn’t wait for New Year’s Eve to make resolutions.
And what’s happening on the internet lately? TONS.
- I really needed to read this recap of an interview with Patrick Rothfuss. Sometimes, gorgeous books start out as a hot mess. Sometimes, that takes a while to fix. A while. That’s okay. The book is worth it.
- How Amazon Saved My Life
- Two posts about writing for video games: why it’s so complex, and how to get into it
- A recipe I can’t wait to try: champagne chicken!
- Consider this your regular reminder that people we now consider totally harmless and American were all once part of the waves of “oh noes, the refugees will kill us all and destroy our culture” (seriously)
- After adoring Fitness Blender for a while, I’ve decided to try one of their programs (most of their videos are free online). Think good thoughts (after all, I am the one who hurled myself down the stairs last week, so Lord only knows what I can accomplish with dumbbells in play…). If you have a couple of spare dollars this week, consider supporting someone whose work you generally get for free – check your favorite blogger’s site for a paypal link, buy a CD or a few songs, or sign up for a class with a local chef, etc. If you don’t have the money now, consider setting some aside in the future!
What are you reading? Favorite books, favorite blogs/TV shows/books? Let me know!