I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend, and that those of you in the U.S. have some fun plans for the 4th. For those of you in Canada, a happy belated Canada Day!
To recap this week:
- We started off the week with a (somewhat grumpy) post about the pile of “rules for writing” lists
- And continued on to one of my favorite phrases: “Oh? And how’s that working for you?”
- Friday brought an important post about respecting others’ boundaries
Aaaaand some fun things from around the web:
- As a reminder, you can get these sent directly to your inbox each weekend by signing up for the mailing list!
- I’ve just started watching Sense8 and I’m even more creeped out by Daryl Hannah now, but I’m sucked in and I can’t stop watching…
- For those of you who like gin + tonics, here’s a new take on them (if you can get Fentiman’s rose lemonade, my other fave is that with gin)
- This cropped up a while back and it’s some excellent, if unconventional, advice: Forget mindfulness, stop trying to find yourself, and fake it
- On a somewhat lighter note, what’s your Game of Thrones house? I’m House Tyrell, which I quite like!
- If, like me, you are calmed by nature photographs, this is a great place to go. There’s autoplay audio, but it’s a thunderstorm!
Happy weekend, all!