We started off on Monday with an accountability post. Oops.
On Wednesday, we discussed one of the biggest issues with depression and other mental illnesses: being nice to yourself.
We rounded out the week with a post on living with a creative writer.
Some assorted wonderfulness from around the web this week:
- For fellow writers, video game company Beamdog is hiring!
- History isn’t all in textbooks. Sometimes it’s found in absolutely delicious foods, like the samosa.
- Alan Moore has advised new writers to self-publish.
- My research for Battlemage has continued to lead me to delicious places, such as this retrospective of Iranian cooking.
- I’m on a food kick this week, what can I say? Here’s some delicious shredded chicken you can use in a multitude of ways, from one of my favorite food bloggers.
- Athletics can be absolutely fantastic for self-esteem. For instance, how about archery?
- I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of looking down our nose at someone else’s book, but it’s a terrible habit and we should get over it. Let’s scratch the surface today with this: romance stories are a lot more complex than we give them credit for.
Happy reading, all! -M